Fatboy Slim Reveals New Super Collective Brighton Port Authority
Published Dec 01, 2008Big beat's star of yesteryear Norman Cook (aka Fatboy Slim) has finally leaked some concrete details about his long-in-the-works Brighton Port Authority, a project that pairs up the one-time "superstar DJ" with such heavy-hitters as Iggy Pop, Dizzee Rascal and Talking Head David Byrne.
On February 3, the BPA's debut is scheduled to hit North America via Southern Fried Records and comes sporting the title I Think We're Gonna Need a Bigger Boat, which we guess has something to do with the record's hefty guest-star action.
Along with the big three helping hands listed above, Canadian folkie Martha Wainwright is on board for the project, as well as even more contributors such as Jamie T, Emmy the Great, Jack Penate and, um, Conan. In fact, Cook refuses to go it alone on any of the album's 12 tracks and lined up different guests on each.
Here are the tracks on I Think We're Gonna Need a Bigger Boat, followed by the censor-bar loaded video for "Toe Jam," which came out earlier this year:
1. "He's Frank" [ft. Iggy Pop]
2. "Dirty Sheets" [ft. Pete York]
3. "Jumps the Fence" [ft. Conan]
4. "Should I Stay or Should I Blow" [ft. Ashley Beedle]
5. "Island" [ft. Justin Robertson]
6. "Local Town" [ft. Jamie T]
7. "Seattle" [ft. Emmy the Great]
8. "Spade" [ft. Martha Wainwright]
9. "Superman" [ft. Simon Thornton]
10. "Superlover" [ft. Thom Gandey]
11. "Toe Jam" [ft. David Byrne and Dizzee Rascal]
12. "So It Goes" [ft. Olly Hite]
The Brighton Port Authority "Toe Jam"